ADDERALL XR, a CNS stimulant, is indicated for the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Children (ages 6-12): Efficacy was established in one 3-week outpatient, controlled trial and one analogue classroom, controlled trial in children with ADHD.
- Adolescents (ages 13-17): Efficacy was established in one 4- week controlled trial in adolescents with ADHD.
- Adults: Efficacy was established in one 4-week controlled trial in adults with ADHD.
—–DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION—–
- Pediatric patients (ages 6-17): 10 mg once daily in the morning. The maximum dose for children 6-12 is 30 mg once daily.
- Adults: 20 mg once daily in the morning.
—–DOSAGE FORM AND STRENGTHS—–
- Capsules: 5 mg, 10 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg, 25 mg, 30 mg